Thank you to Mellissa for having me here at The Diary of a Jewellery Lover while she is away – I hope you’re having a great time! You can usually find me over at The Cherished which captures the things, people and moments that inspire me.
I’m a mum and step-mum to three girls, based between Cardiff and the beautiful countryside in Somerset and our free time is usually spent on long walks with our two dogs and enjoying good food together.
I like to use the freshest of ingredients, whether that be from the indoor market in Cardiff or from the abundance of organic farm shops in Somerset and our three girls enjoy learning how to cook clean, healthy alternatives to their favourite meals.
I thought that today I’d share with you one of my favourite, quick and easy dinners – cream cheese stuffed tomatoes, which are both gluten and meat free. It is surprisingly filling with a green salad but I sometimes bulk it up with new potatoes or freshly made bread.
SERVES: 4 PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES, COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
- Small bunch of mint
- 350g of soft cream cheese
- 4 beef tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil (I use coconut oil)
- Mixed salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180oC / gas mark 4. Finely chop the mint and mix it into the cream cheese with some salt and pepper. Cut the very top off each tomato and scrape out the seeds and as much flesh as you can with a teaspoon, being careful not to scrape through the skin.
- Keep the middle safely to one side. Stuff the hollowed-out centres with the minty cheese.
- Place the tomatoes in a roasting dish and slide into the oven for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, place the scraped-out bits of tomato in a frying pan, season and pour oil over the top. Put on a medium heat and leave to reduce, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, divide the stuffed tomatoes between four plates with the mixed salad leaves and any extras like new potatoes or bread (I personally like to add some quinoa to the salad). Spoon the fried tomato mix on top of the leaves and eat immediately.
Voila! One quick, easy and delicious dinner! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do and I would love it if you would join me over at The Cherished for more of the same along with my everyday adventures as a city girls gets used to living in the countryside!
You can join me on:
Thanks again to Mellissa for having me over here at The Diary of a Jewellery Lover and it would be lovely to see you all again soon! Have a great week!