It’s Lilinha and I blog over at Lilinha Angel’s World, a UK Parenting Lifestyle Blog where we share our family adventures, stories and reviews. While the lovely Mel is away, I thought I would share a traditional Brazilian dessert recipe with you.
Pudim de Leite Condensado Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2 cans milk
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven at 180C
- Caramelise the dish: add sugar to an ovenproof round dish, making sure it covers the bottom of the dish. Melt it over low heat, stirring continuously.
- Add condensed milk to the blender, then use the can to measure the milk. Add eggs and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the caramelised dish. Add boiling water to a roasting tray, and cook the round dish in bain-marie for around 30 to 40 minutes.
- Once the pudim is golden, check whether it is thoroughly cooked by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the dish. The toothpick should come out clean.
- Let it cool down, place in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run a knife around the edges of the pudim, and turn it upside down on a large place.
I hope you liked the recipe, let me know in the comments if you try - or you can tweet me at @LilinhaAngel.