So I waited with anticipation for my first box. When I opened it, it was sealed with a sticker saying eat me!
When I opened it I was pleasantly surprised by the selection of food.
The box which costs just £12.99 contained the following
- Shaken Udder Milkshakes - in banana, chocolate and strawberry. These were very nice, and didn't have the artificial flavour some milkshakes can have, as they are all made with natural ingredients. I tried the banana whilst my son tried the chocolate and strawberry. We were both in agreement that the milkshakes were delicious. We also had some vouchers for free milkshakes with this box.
- Schwartz Flavour Shots - These little miracle pots have all the flavour in a little shot. I look forward to trying the Spanish Paella and Creamy Herb Tagliatelle pots.
- Tyrell's Proper Popcorn - Sweet and Salty - I have tried Tyrell's proper popcorn before so I know that the popcorn is very tasty. My husband managed to pinch the bag before I had a chance, as he pronounced popcorn "one of the best snacks for joggers" . Sweet and salty may not be to everyone's taste but he loved it.
- MOMA! Porridge Pots - plain and cranberry and raisin. I have had porridge pots before from a well known bakers, so was keen to try these. I use porridge oats at home and eat porridge at least 2 or 3 times a week. I really enjoyed the cranberry and raisin in particular as it had an added sweetness. These pots are quick and easy to make - easy for a quick breakfast or snack on the go and I will definitely be buying these in the future.
- Organico Tomato and Basil sauce - We eat a lot of pasta in our household so I was keen to try this. An authentic tasting sauce with no extra ingredients other than tomatos, olive oil, garlic and basil. A perfect store cupboard staple. Use as a base for lasagne or other tomato based sauces or just on its own with some extra basil. Top with parmesan for the simplest and I think most delicious pasta sauce. All organic ingredients too.
- Organico Durum Wheat Pasta - Another organic great product from Organico. What I loved about this pasta is that it only took 8 minutes to cook. You also know you are getting all the goodness as it is made with 100% durum wheat.
- Mexican Dave's Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips - Well these went in no time in our house. Sometimes cheese tortilla chips taste too 'cheesy' if you know what I mean, but these was tasty, crispy without the overwhelming cheese taste. I think these would be fab warmed in the oven and covered with thinly sliced chillies, tomato salsa and cheddar cheese. I'd serve this as a taster starter to share with a few friends, especially before a big bowl of chilli con carne with rice.
- Drink Me Chai - Chocolate chai latte and Earl Grey tea latte sachet - ok I admit it, I am not a fan of Earl Grey tea, I just don't like the flavour but if you do I am sure this mix of Earl Grey tea and frothy milk would be to your taste. Again the spices in the chocolate drink were not to my taste, they have an Indian spiced flavour that I don't think belong in a drink but some people do like it.
So these are the items, a mix of products, and a big thumbs up to the majority of the food. I think it definitely makes you try new foods and is perfect for the slightly adventurous foodie. I am looking forward to trying the Schwartz flavour pots soon as I love paella and the husband loves pasta.
If you fancy trying this out, readers of my blog can use this code OIM1W to get a £3 discount when registering.
Have you tried Degustabox? If not what do you think of the idea?
* I was sent this box for an honest review