Hello, it’s Erika from Eclectic Enchantments here. You may or may not remember me from when I last wrote a guest post for Mellissa. I hope you don’t mind me sharing a little something with you today!
Christmas is such a busy time of year and sometimes I think it is so hard to cram everything in. I am a big believer in giving and one of the things I really enjoy giving over the holiday is home made sweets. I know what you are thinking, ‘who has time for that?’ Everyone, especially if you make my Marzipan Sweets.
I remember years ago, that my Nan would always have marzipan sweets, they looked like little tiny fruit. It sparked an idea in me when I was trying to come up with some ideas for sweets to give as gifts. Could I make my own? At first I tried to make the fruit and long story short, it was a disaster. Modelling the fruit was fine, but then you have to colour them and it got very messy in my kitchen! Surely there is an easier way?
1 x block of marzipan (check the cooking aisle in the supermarket)
1 x bar of dark chocolate
1 x bar of white chocolate
1 x bar of milk chocolate
What you need to do:
- Chop the marzipan block up into little squares. They need to be big enough to grab with your fingers.
- Take a saucepan and boil some water.
- Break up one of the bars of chocolate and place it into a pyrex dish. The dish needs to be just the right size to sit on top of the saucepan.
- Once the water has boiled, pop the bowl with the chocolate over it and ensure that no water is touching the bottom of the pan. Be careful to not get any water in the bowl either, as this will make your chocolate seize.
- Slowly stir the chocolate as it melts.
Now for the fun bit.
- Take on of your chunks of marzipan and dip it into the chocolate. You can go half in, all in or just the edge, it is entirely up to you.
- Place the chocolate covered marzipan onto some greaseproof paper and continue to repeat the process with the rest of the chocolate.
- Once you are out of chocolate, repeat the steps to melt it with one of your other bars.
- You can then really have fun and cover half in dark, half in white or drizzle different colours over.
- Roll up some marzipan into a ball and dip them into the chocolate and then coat with cocoa powder.
- Add grated chocolate, hundred and thousands, whatever your heart desires.
- Leave to cool
There you have it, marzipan sweets. Really simple and straightforward, but they look so effective once you have finished.
I hope you have enjoyed my little recipe, thank you for reading and to Mellissa for hosting my guest post!