Hello, I'm Mel, a blogger, wife, mum and business owner, loving life in South Wales.
That's me on the right!
Mr W. and I
What I Blog About
My main passion is travel, I just adore visiting new cities, different countries, and exploring new cultures. I love the UK, Europe and the USA especially but I am open to exploring new countries. Great architecture inspires me, as well as the local cuisine. Invite me to your country, hotel or attraction for fabulous coverage.
Eating out is a hobby of mine, not just a necessity! I enjoy eating out in a variety of places, from simple local cafes to Michelin-starred restaurants, and as long as the food is prepared well and lovingly cooked I will eat it. My mission is to have afternoon tea in all the major cities in the world.
I have a background in I.T. and I owned a jewellers for a number of years, therefore, I love to blog about technology, jewellery and fashion. I also love blogging about beauty products, and home and interiors.
I blog with integrity and clearly identify promotional or sponsored content. If you wish to send me something to review then I would love to keep it for my time and effort. I am very positive but also truthful and good at constructive criticism. I do charge for sponsored posts but think my prices are excellent for the quality of the posts and the access to my followers it brings. I share my posts on all my social media channels.
Please note I do not do affiliate marketing.
Brands I Have Worked With
I have worked with some fantastic brands including:-
- Jewellery: Pandora, Georg Jensen, Beaverbrooks, Warren James Jewellers, London Jewellery School, Gemporia, Joshua James Jewellers
- Fashion: House Of Fraser, John Lewis, Ralph Lauren, New Look, Kaleidoscope, Marisota, Daxon, Hotter Shoes
- Travel: Bluestone Wales, Expedia, James Villa Holidays, Fred Olsen Cruises, Jurys Inn, Cheapflights.com. Travelodge, tourist boards for San Francisco, New Orleans and Las Vegas
- Food: Hotel Chocolat, Covent Garden Bars and Restaurants, Jamie's Italian, Rickshaw at the Corinthia Hotel Budapest, Asda, Morrisons, Tesco, Co-operative Food, Gousto, Brewer's Fayre, Degustabox
- Beauty: Clarins, Clinique, La Roche-Posay, Tweezerman, Di Palomo, Garnier
- Home: House Of Fraser, Habitat, Frette, Fishpools
- Technology: Seagate, Panasonic, Tengi, Gioteck
In The Press
- I wrote the Cardiff Bay section on the Millenium Hotels guide to Cardiff - PDF download here.
- My expert opinion was used on an article on The Best Diamond In The World here.
- I wrote an 'Expert Insight' post on Dubai for the Travelbag website here.
- My recipe for Bakewell tart was added to the book 'Elevenses in the office' for Furniture At Work.
- My Hunters Chicken recipe was used on the Degustabox UK blog here.
- I wrote about money saving tips for booking a holiday on Life In A Breakdown.
- I guest posted on tips to avoid travel stress on Side Street Style.
- My quote on the luxurious afternoon tea I had was used on the Travelex blog.
- My advice on how to be a great travel writer was used for an article by Travelex.
- The competition I ran to promote the homeware company Nucasa was written about on the PR companies website and judged to be a big success. It had a significant spike of visitors to the companies website and over 3000 entries in the 10 days pre-Christmas 2015.
- I was featured as one of the top travel bloggers by www.ivisa.com in 2016!
Buyagift - "What a fantastic review and video! Thanks so much for writing about it."
Oak Alley Plantation - "I really appreciate your blog and really appreciate how you explained the tour. We have had a hard time in the recent past explaining that the tour is not just of the house and the plantation is not just a house. You explained it beautifully."
My blog was nominated for the Tots100 MAD parent blog awards 2015.
Statistics February 2016
- Social media reach and blog followers - over 27,000 including 12,371 on Twitter, 4708 on Facebook, 3281 on Instagram and 2319 on Pinterest.
- All my posts I share on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Google Plus as well as other social media.
- I rank between number 1 and number 5 on the first page of Google for 'UK jewellery blog'.
- Domain Authority - 34, Page Authority - 45.
- HIBS lifestyle blogs - rank 30 out of 2500 blogs.
- In December 2015 I reached 1 million page views on my blog!
Businesses - If you need bloggers for a campaign, let me find the ideal candidates and manage it for you. I particularly work with parenting, fashion, beauty, home and food bloggers.
I have a travel blog that I write with my husband about our laughs and travels around the world called Fly Drive Explore, check it out!
Contact Details For Mellissa Williams
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Media pack available on request.