This is a guest post by Micaela who blogs on the lifestyle blog Stylish London Living.
There are some basic staples that vegetarians are probably pretty used to seeing when attending a BBQ: burgers and sausages.
Now, don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with a tasty veggie burger but if you’re looking to offer something a little bit different this summer then check out this recipe for southern fried chicken burger and vegetable wraps and give your veggie guests a pleasant surprise! It’s super easy and super tasty!
Serves 2 | 30 mins cooking time | 511 cals per serving | 1.5g sat fat per serving
- 250g Quorn Meat Free Southern Burgers
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 courgette, cut into batons
- ½ red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- ⅓ cup (83ml) low fat Greek style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon zest
- 2 large wraps, warmed
- 1 cup (250ml) rocket leaves
- Pop your Quorn Meat Free Southern Burgers onto the BBQ over a moderate heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile drizzle your prepared peppers, courgette and onion with oil and cook over the heat of the BBQ for 10-15 minutes. Use a skewer or a grill basket to keep them from rolling around.
- Combine your yoghurt and lemon zest then spread a layer onto each of your tortilla wraps. Add some peppery rocket, then your cooked vegetables and finally add slices of Quorn Meat Free Southern Burgers.
- Securely wrap up your burger and enjoy!
By day Micaela is a Digital Marketeer, but by night she is a lifestyle blogger with a passion for all things vegetarian. Find more recipe inspirations check out her blog Stylish London Living.