Cycling is a great sport, it's perfect to get you fit, lost weight, and a great hobby for pleasure and enjoyment. Unfortunately there are dangers to cycling. Cyclist casualties have risen in recent years as the amount of cycling has increased. Did you know every year 17000 cyclists get killed or injured in reported road accidents?
Some Important Safety Precautions When Cycling
- Wear a helmet - this protects your head if you fall off your bike or are involved in an accident.
- Wear sunglasses as these can help prevent any debris like dust or insects getting into your eyes as well as prevent any glare in the sun or snow.
- Wear bright reflective clothing as this can help you be seen in dark conditions. If motorists can see you then they are less likely to knock you off your bike.
- Lights and reflectors are important to alert other road users to your presence.
- Padded gloves will make it more comfortable for you and give protection to your hands.
Cycling is fun and great for fitness, take precautions and ensure you cycle in safety too.
* Brought to you in collaboration with Osbornes